Here are some of my files to download for the QL, compatibles and emulators.
- Atomics a Katomics type game.
- Balled a formerly commercial game. Attention, you will need to load the Outptr extensions BEFORE playing this game.
- BouQLder QLash . An arcade game inspired by an old 8 bit game called Boulderdash.
The game needs SMSQ/E and a screen of at least 512 x 384 pixels in 8 bit colours. In other words it'll run on Q68, Q60, QPC and SMSQmulator. It comes as either a ready-made qxl.win type file or a more traditional zip file. In both cases, run the supplied boot file from job 0. A manual called help_txt is included.
- QLotski a Klotski sliding tile type game.
- SoQLoban a Sokoban type game.
- The wall a formerly commercial game. It can now use extended colours for the tiles. The documentation is in the zip file, as text or quill document.
You can also download the assembler source code.
- XoX a silly little puzzle.
This is included here since the colour sprite is generated on the fly and someone might be interested in how it's done. The puzzle itself is very simple, it might amuse small children.
- A small library of S*Basic procedures and functions. These are standard procedures and functions I often routinely include in my programs. They are in a format used by the basic_linker and are supposed to be in a directory called dev1_basic_lib_.
- The Basic Linker a formerly commercial title to link and compile basic programs..
The source is included. (If you want to recompile this, you will need the library file above).
- A small "demo program" that shows a different csize in an application subwindow:
- OUTPTR.bin an S*Basic toolkit for writing Pointer Environment programs together with QPTR.
- Pan Basic extensions necessary for some of my programs.
- The sources for the Prowess S*basic interface and the documentation in html and doc formats.
- QPTR the formerly commercial pointer toolkit from Qjump (v. 0.14).
The manual for this can be found below.
You can also download the source code, ready to be compiled with Qmac. (If you want to recompile this, please read the readme_txt file in the zip file for the binary file, and note that you will need certain key files from the SMSQ/E sources>).
- RET_STK a small sbasic extension to get the value on the SMSQ/E SBasic return stack.
- Backup a program for backing up files. Also shows how you can have "tabs" and clickable column headers with QPTR. Needs the menu extensions.
You can also download the source code in a format suitable for the basic_linker, including the linker control file.
- FiFi the formerly commercial file finder. The manual is in pdf, Quill doc and text format. This is v. 5.02 of FiFi.
- QxlwinReader a Java program to read/write qxl.win type container files, and (experimentally) Qubide formatted container files from any java enabled PC.
- Wined a formerly commercial WIN, FLP and file editor. The documentation is in the zip file, as text or quill document. It needs the menu extensions which you can download from Marcel's or Dilwyn's site.
- A small "dock" that pops up when you move the pointer down to be bottom of the screen. Needs high colours and looks loke this:
- SMSQESprites, a Java program you can use to convert image files (gif,bmp,tif,png,jpg) into SMSQE sprites (modes 4,16,32,64). You can add a reflection of the image, which will slowly fade away. Needs Java 7 or later. The program is called SMSQESprites.jar and is in the "dist" subdirectory.
- Datadesign Programming API the manual for programming with DATADesign, in a zipped file containing the .odt and .pdf versions.
- QDOS/SMS reference manual the manual for programming the QL and SMSQ/E, in a zipped file containing the .odt and .pdf versions (v. 4.4 - 10/6/2018).
- QPTR manual the manual (v. 6.04) for programming the Pointer Environment, in a zipped file containing the .odt and .pdf versions.
Last updated on 11.12.2018